WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counselor Coordinator - Part-Time
Breastfeeding peer counselor coordinator manages the breastfeeding peer counseling program at the local WIC agency level, and provide direct supervision of peer counselors.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence. This is a part-time position at 20 hours a week.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Demonstrates experience in program and project management
- Demonstrates expertise in breastfeeding management and promotion
* Current credentials of an International Board Certified Lactation Consult (IBCLC) or has other lactation management training (e.g., CLS, CLC, and CLE) or State-approved training in lactation management
- Minimum of one year experience counseling breastfeeding women
- Must possess a valid Arizona Driver’s License
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- The Local WIC Agency Breastfeeding Peer Counselor Coordinator supervises the WIC peer counseling program at the local WIC agency level
- Assists in establishing program goals and objectives for the local agency
- Identifies gaps in breastfeeding resources and services both within the WIC local agency and within the community that can be addressed through the WIC peer counseling program
- Identifies sites for peer counseling services to be provided
- Promotes the peer counseling program with local clinic staff and community organizations and providers
- Collaborates with community organizations such as hospitals and private physician clinics, to integrate peer counseling services
- Determines peer counselor staffing needs, recruits, trains, and supervises peer counselors
- Interviews potential peer counselors in alignment with program policies and standards
- Arranges for continuing education of peer counselors
- Mentors new peer counselors during the first six months, providing routine follow-up and guidance in the early days of the job
- Travel to multiple locations as needed or requested
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as requested or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcare’s written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelante’s legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.