Regional Medical Director
To provide assistance to the Chief Medical Officer with oversight and coordination of quality comprehensive medical care to a variety of center patients, in an efficient and cost effective manner, for both the health centers and the organization.
Every Adelante Leader will strive to maximize the performance and contribution of each team member to Adelante Healthcare and the community that we serve every day. Leaders will set clear performance expectations, provide on-going feedback and coaching to improve results and outcomes and provide regular performance evaluations. Leaders are also expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation and model for all other employees the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
KNOWLEDGE and SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to coordinate quality medical care in the outpatient setting
- Interest in fostering organizational/physician/patient cooperation towards improving the delivery of care
- Ability and evidence of competence in general office procedures and organizational effectiveness
- Ability to adequately act as a liaison between the organization and the medical staff of the health center
- Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy
- Masters Degree or equivalent in Public Health Administration or related field preferred
- Two years of experience working in a management capacity in a health care institution or agency
- Proof of successful National Board completion or certification
- Meets requirements of Medical Staff membership
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- Serves as primary liaison between their Health Center and Chief Medical Officer
- Assists with developing, coordinating and enforcing medical policies and procedures. Educates clinical staff on rationale and need for adherence to medical policies
- Assists in implementing the Patient Centered Medical Home model including improving clinical workflows and patient satisfaction
- Supervises, monitors, audits and evaluates Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants in their health center and other assigned health centers
- Assists with recruitment of medical staff, including interviewing candidates.
- Assists with the development and coordination of diagnosis-related practices and guidelines
- Works cooperatively with the Health Center Practice Managers, and contributes to the evaluation of the Practice Manager in conjunction with the Director of Operations
- Leads regular meetings of the medical staff at their health center
- Assists in the maintenance of clinical coverage when needed
- Meets regularly with the Chief Medical Officer, and other medical leaders, to improve clinical care and processes
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Medical Officer
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties as requested and assigned by the Chief Medical Officer
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelantes legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.