Assists patients and their families through the healthcare system by acting as a patient advocate and navigator; while facilitating the quality improvement initiatives.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
- Helps with data collection that includes chart reviews and audits as needed to measure quality improvement initiatives.
- Maintain knowledge of update changes in TJC and NCQA
- Attend tracer audits
- Transcribe findings to Tracer logs and email team, site leader, AMD, and Ops Director
- Schedule CQI, attend and keep minutes, track follow due dates, send reminders
- Track monthly walk-through log for EOC to assure compliance and send reminders if due
- Track monthly hand hygiene log to assure compliance and send reminders if due
- Run weekly reports in operational dashboard (if purchased) for MDQI and CMO (OR monitor in s-drive diagnostic/lab/referral tracking by site monthly)
- Monitor Pap Log monthly
- Monitor Patient Self-Management Goal Report Monthly
- Monitor Abnormal Test Recall List Monthly
- Attend Monthly Quality Committee, Safety Committee, and P&T Committee and maintain Minutes
- Provider Annual Review process- organize 360 survey, distribution of peer review to chairs, collection of patient satisfaction score/ productivity/ meeting attendance for form, distribution of packets to AMD
- After tool is created by Chairs in collaboration with MDCI, distribute, collect, and sort responses
- Participate in the data collection, validation, and analysis of UDS submission annually
- Other projects as requested by Quality Managers or MDQI
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as requested or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcare’s written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelante’s legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from an accredited medical assistant program (preferred)
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution required
- Experience in Electronic Healthcare Records (EMR) (preferred)
- Ability to collect, process and analyze data
- Will be required to provide administration support (25%)
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in written.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Computer efficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Meet the organization immunization requirement.
- Valid Arizona driver’s license.
- Active CPR
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.