The Purchasing Specialist will be primarily responsible to assist the Procurement Department in obtaining supplies at fair price. The position will require communications with vendors and stakeholders to acquire quotations, confirmations, lead times and invoices. All items ordered and received are to be placed in the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system ensuring prompt payment of invoices.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected to work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution required with one year of purchasing experience or experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service with ability to interact with and instruct colleagues from beginner to advanced levels
- Working knowledge of current Microsoft Office applications and comparable Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software
- Track and monitor purchases, from initial order ensuring prompt delivery and invoice accuracy
- Demonstrated proficiency with generally accepted accounting procedures
- Working knowledge of State and Federal regulatory requirements surrounding accounting, reporting, and other fundamentals required for the position
- Competency in working with people of various cultures
- Evidence of valid Arizona drivers license and current auto insurance
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Prioritization and multi-task skills are required
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated experience as an Advocate for Health Care or Human Rights
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or other relevant field of study
- Fluency in a language in addition to English (Spanish preferred)
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- Responsible for the purchase of supplies
- Review and approve/disapprove all Purchase requisitions within the scope of his/her authority, refers others to the Purchasing Manager and or designee
- Assure department records are maintained and purchases are expedited when required. Department records include price histories to provide information on price variances
- Evaluate vendor quotes and services to determine most cost-effective selection
- Assist Purchasing Manager in preparing written documents such as Requests for Bid (RFB), Request for Proposals (RFP), Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Qualifications (RFQ)
- Maintain accurate pricing of medical/office supplies and consumable supplies to ensure order accuracy
- Utilizes and works with the ERP systems to place orders, vendor creation and provide order reconciliations
- Participate in the annual capital asset and supply inventory
- Observe and comply with all company policies
- Serve as backup for other accounting functions, as needed
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as requested or assigned, including travel to other sites as needed
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelantes legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.