This position coordinates the procurement process of Adelante Healthcare to promote timely and accurate purchasing of goods and services. Manages the routing of purchase requisitions for order placement as well as expediting of orders, returns, and other customer requests. Prepares service level metrics and interpretations. Supports Procurement leadership in efforts to increase operational and transactional efficiencies. Identifies training opportunities and coordinates efforts with the training department for the organization including field-related needs.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred AND greater than three (3) years’ experience in general purchasing roles
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service with ability to interact with and instruct colleagues from beginner to advanced levels
- Working knowledge of current Microsoft Office applications and accounting software
- Demonstrated proficiency with generally accepted accounting procedures
- Working knowledge of State and Federal regulatory requirements surrounding purchasing, reporting, and other fundamentals required for the position
- Competency in working with people of various cultures
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Prioritization and multi-task skills are required
POSITION REPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for the purchase of all organizational materials and services including medical/office supplies and IT equipment. Make recommendations for selection of vendors based on results of competitive bidding procedures. Assure purchasing documents are completed correctly and that terms and conditions are appropriate.
- Perform regular audits of all ordered merchandise. Develop system of monitoring and receiving feedback from departments on ability to deliver requests on a timely basis (e.g. customer satisfaction surveys).
- Review and approve/disapprove all Purchase requisitions within the scope of his/her authority, refers others to the Director of Support Services and or designee.
- Assure department records are maintained and purchases are expedited when required. Department records include price histories to provide information on price variances.
- Meet with vendors and attend vendor sponsored events when directed.
- Evaluate vendor quotes and services to determine most cost-effective selection. Prepare requests for proposal (RFP) as required.
- Prepare site budget comparisons and monitor expenditures.
- Maintain accurate price and cost lists of pharmaceuticals and consumable supplies and maintain inventory control. Coordinate and participate in the annual capital asset and supply inventory.
- Develop and revise procedures for purchasing and maintaining inventory on all supplies and services
- Observe and comply with all company policies
- Other duties as may be assigned, including travel to other sites as needed
- Ensures purchase requests conform to AHC policies, procedures, standards, and approval authority levels
- Manages the day-to-day procurement operations to ensure optimal processing and efficient placement of purchase orders, confirmations, returns, resolution of invoice discrepancies (e.g., variance processing, correct pricing), and expediting of orders when necessary
- Supports the integration of AHC procurement processes into the organization