Physician Family Practice - Buckeye
Primarily responsible for providing comprehensive primary health care services through the identification, management and/or referral of the health problems and maintenance of the clients health by means of preventive care and health promotion. Will perform assignments which can vary from routine to exceptional in nature and are carried out with minimal guidance in accordance with clinic office practices and procedures. Will comply with organization and department policies.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected to work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited medical school program
- Completion of an accredited United States Family Practice Residency program
- Board certified or board eligible
- Valid Arizona medical license
- Valid DEA certificate
- Demonstrated understanding of clinical methods and techniques
- Ability to meet and deal effectively with clients, associates and the general public
- Basic business English, spelling and punctuation skills
- Basic computer efficiency
- Valid AZ drivers license
- Commitment to Adelante Healthcare mission, vision, and values
- Competency in dealing with people of various cultures and social status
- Certification to perform cardiopulmonary Resuscitation for the Health Care Professional (CPR) and AED through courses that follow the guidelines from the American Heart Association and Red Cross (cognitive and skills evaluations)
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Three (3) years of experience in community health
- Bilingual - English/Spanish
- Electronic Health Records
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
Health Care Delivery
- Reports to the Regional Medical Director
- Provide high quality health care services including the following:
- Accessible and available health services to patients for which the Provider is credentialed and privileged.
- Education of and effective communication with those served concerning the diagnosis and treatment of their medical conditions, appropriate preventive measures, and use of the health care system
- Treatment that is consistent with clinical impressions and working diagnoses
- Appropriate, accurate and complete electronic medical record entries, in a timely manner
- Adequate and appropriate transfer of information for continuity of care
- Evaluate patients in a timely, courteous and professional manner
- Completes all required documentation for billing of services provided
- Promote and demonstrate good customer service to both external and internal customers
- Consult, refer, and collaborate with other disciplines involved in the delivery of total patient care
- Advise management on performance deficiencies of medical auxiliary personnel (incl. M.A.s)
- Assume the role and duties of other clinical personnel, as necessary
- Rotate call for emergencies in the evening, and on weekends and holidays as assigned
- Attend continuing medical education (CME) programs (up to 40 CME hours per year) and provide a copy of the course completion certificate to the medical staff services department. Maintain credentialing and privileging in good standing
Quality Management/Risk Management
- Demonstrate evidence of continuing professional growth by involvement in quality improvement programs and the participation in peer review, medical record audits, continuing education, and the review of protocols and procedures
- Review results of utilization and quality monitoring and participate in the analysis of services
- Communicate necessary information to the Regional Medical Director concerning operations and suggestions for improvement
- Be knowledgeable and adhere to all policies and procedures related to client services
- Assure compliance with rules and regulations as set forth by the Department of Health and Human Services and other contracted health care plans
- Represent Adelante Healthcare (AHC) if requested, in groups addressing the health care needs of the community
- Participate in the planning and development of new programs and services by identifying specific community health needs and programs to meet those needs
- Assist individuals and the community to assume responsibility for the prevention of illness and the promotion, maintenance and restoration of health
- Act as a liaison and address community groups regarding AHC and its services, as requested
- Understand role in the Disaster Plan and that safety is a condition of employment
- Participate in other activities such as health fairs, classes, and community events
- Attend monthly provider meetings and combined staff meetings
- Participate and complete all required training
- Demonstrate skills and behaviors consistent with Language of Caring
- Contribute to the training and proficiencies of clinical personnel, including medical students, in a culturally competent capacity. Work with the staff in a positive and constructive manner
- Promote collegial relationships with other clinical staff and providers in the community
- Provide coverage for other Adelante sites, when necessary
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned by the Regional Medical Director or Chief Medical Officer
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelantes legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 54957