Patient Experience Specialist
The Patient Experience Specialist will be responsible for making outbound calls to Adelante patients and surveying their satisfaction with their appointments. Resolving issues brought forth by patients and acting as an ambassador for Adelante Healthcare in creating the most positive experience possible for each patient contacted.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to deliver outstanding customer service
- Two (2) years of customer service experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, co-workers, and the general public both in person, written and over the phone
- Advanced Excel and Word knowledge
- Intermediate office skills: typing, faxing, scanning and telephone
- Ability to perform 100+ outbound calls a day
- Meet the organization immunization requirement
- Strong data entry experience
- Ability to talk on the and type simultaneously
- Attention to detail
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Electronic Health Record Experience
- Graduation from an approved medical assistant training program, (or meeting criteria from Arizona Board of Nursing for grandfathering) with more than 1 year of experience as a medical assistant
- Demonstrated understanding of clinical methods and techniques
- Basic computer efficiency
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- Performing outbound phone calls to 5-10% of AHC patients to conduct a multi-question patient satisfaction survey within 24-48 hours of the patient’s medical, dental or PCMH appointment.
- Monitoring reports from the text-based surveys conducted with all patients and reach out to those responding with a 3 or less on the satisfaction scale.
- Acting as an ambassador for AHC in creating the most positive experience possible for each patient contacted
- Identifying and resolving patient concerns by clarifying the patient’s complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution
- Aggregating the data collected in the survey process and providing daily/weekly/monthly updates to COO and department leads
- Assist the Marketing & Outreach team at community events as needed
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties as requested or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcare’s written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelante’s legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.