This position has the responsibility of providing operational leadership within a grouping of area clinics, assuring operational, clinical and service quality, regulatory compliance, financial performance, budget achievement and growth. This individual works in collaboration with the Director of Operations to implement and oversee initiatives and strategies of the company.
Every Adelante Leader will strive to maximize the performance and contribution of each team member to Adelante Healthcare and the community that we serve every day. Leaders will set clear performance expectations, provide on-going feedback and coaching to improve results and outcomes and provide regular performance evaluations. Leaders are also expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation and model for all other employees the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Health Services Administration or related field; and/or a combination of five to seven years management experience in health care leadership; Primary care or multi-unit management experience preferred
Provides leadership and support for Adelante Healthcare (AHC) health centers within the assigned area of responsibility to include:
- Responsible for direct supervision of Practice Administrators and Operations support staff of specified health centers
- Establishes goals and action plans to achieve site volume growth, budgeted profit and revenue targets, clinical quality initiatives and service expectations in conjunction with the respective Practice Administrator, support team, and the sites Providers and medical staff
- Create, build and manage effective relationships with Clinical leadership, Associate Medical Directors, Center Support Office (CSO) leadership to proactively addresses clinical or compliance issues
- Ensures the patient experience meets all AHC and Language of Caring (LOC) standards through collaboration with health center staff and providers.
- Enhance the AHC culture by supporting and modeling the LOC principles, developing and implementing programs to address annual employee survey recommendations
- Communicates in an effective, professional manner with all AHC associates and CSO staff in order to identify and break down barriers to success
- Consult and collaborate with assigned Practice Administrators to manage day-to-day operational issues, ensure the attraction and retention of competent personnel at the health centers
- Support the development and effective management of Operational site volume projections and associated budgets in collaboration with the Director of Operations, Practice Administrators, Clinical and Executive Leadership
- Assures compliance with Joint Commission/Quality guidelines, National, State, laboratory regulations, HIPAA, OSHA and other regulatory bodies in designated clinics.
- Collaborate with People Services and Practice Administrator in the attraction and retention of talent.
- Assist in increasing the knowledge base and expertise level of staff, by working with Training Department, People Services and/or outside entities, to implement meaningful initiatives and programs of health care learning
- Effectively address Patient concerns, attempt to resolve issues or questions efficiently in order to maintain a positive patient experience
- Performs other related duties or manages projects as assigned
- Accountable for developing, monitoring, reporting and achieving individual site volume/budget projections and quality targets in association with the Practice Administrators
- Reviews monthly financial performance of health centers to identify areas for improvement and quickly implement solutions
- Proactively plan for capital equipment acquisition needs and recommend budgets accordingly
- Participates and contributes to developing Operational strategic initiatives, support development and manage project plans and associated tasks with assigned project personnel
- Reviews/recommends, communications and oversees or authorizes any budget changes, equipment or staff additions
- In collaboration with Clinical Leadership, Practice Administrator, People Services/Training, key participant in oversee recruitment and on- boarding of clinical personnel, administrative and support staff
- Hires/oversee and evaluate performance, counseling/corrective action (as necessary) of assigned Operational Practice Administrators.
- Approves continuing education and leadership development for all Operational personnel
- Ensures that company policies and procedures are administered and followed; makes recommendations for improvements in process and policy based as necessary
- Assures care delivery and administrative procedures are carried out in accordance with Quality, Executive Leadership and/or Board requirements
- Monitors clinical care and delivery to ensure a quality clinical product is provided on a consistent basis. Ensure support equipment and/or labs, etc. are reviewed and approved by necessary committees or leadership
- Monitors the patient experience and assures that care and service are being delivered consistent with the Company mission and goals
- Supports clinic personnel in achievement of targets and professional growth
- Establishes relationship with Clinical Leadership team, medical providers and works collaboratively with CMO and CAO to assure that care is being delivered in accordance with medical best practices and in compliance with the Companys Quality goals
- Assures that the each site achieves licensure or accreditation with the appropriate entities where applicable. Ensure that Operational staff completes necessary certification/accreditation on an annual basis and within time frames
- Works with each Practice Administrator to ensure each site meets the guidelines for safety, care organization, cleanliness, and high standards we want to portray. Jointly, with Practice Administrator, take action, as necessary, to resolve issues as quickly as possible
- Collaborates with Training Department/People Services to coordinate career training and education of Practice Administrators, Supervisory and/or Coordinator staff as applicable
- Treats patients and co-workers consistent with the Language of Caring Culture and meet the Mission Statement, Vision, Values and Performance Standards of Adelante Healthcare
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as requested of assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelantes legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.