Medical Records Representative
Primarily responsible for sorting of daily incoming faxes; scanning patients consultations, laboratory reports, diagnostic reports and other documents into patients charts; fax out all documents requiring additional information to medical sites. Process incoming medical records from hospital portals. Process incoming medical record requests and requests for records from other facilities. Works collaboratively with external vendors and participates with legal requests for records.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected to work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, co-workers, and the general public both in person, written and over the phone
- 1-2 years of scanning and medical records experience and in addition 1-2 years of customer service experience
- Developing basic knowledge of medical terminology
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must possess strong organization skills
- Be able to work independently and within a team
- MS Office: Particularly Excel, Word, and Outlook skill
- Computerized database experience a plus
- Office skills: typing, faxing, scanning and telephone
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Commitment to Adelante Healthcares mission, vision, and values
- Willingness to be cross-trained and learn new skills and responsibilities
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in community health
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- Responsible for scanning incoming documents into patients charts accurately
- Sort incoming faxes and correspondence
- Research and verify within patients chart
- Ability to perform work at established production rates
- Maintain effective communication with office staff and providers in all the health centers as needed
- Demonstrates respectful and professional behavior that supports a team-oriented work environment
- Attend staff meetings, in-service meetings, or other required meetings
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, is punctual and works full scheduled shift
- Meeting minimum standards of metric expectations
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as request or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelantes legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 44647