Medical Records Coordinator - CSO
Position is responsible for maintaining a caring and receptive patient environment, and an effective, efficient, and productive Medical Records department. Entry level leadership role, responsible for mentorship and guidance of the Patient Support Center medical records staff. The Medical Records Coordinator acts as the liaison between internal and external health center staff, site leaders, Trainer/Auditor, health plan representatives, and other professional, technical and managerial staff. The Medical Records Coordinator will also be proficient in the responsibilities of the Medical Records Representative, Specialist and Sr. Specialist.
Every Adelante Leader will strive to maximize the performance and contribution of each team member to Adelante Healthcare and the community that we serve every day. Leaders will set clear performance expectations, provide on-going feedback and coaching to improve results and outcomes and provide regular performance evaluations. Leaders are also expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation and model for all other employees the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma (or GED) from an accredited institution plus advanced training
- Minimum 1 year experience working in the Medical Records Department of AHC or similar position outside of AHC
- Minimum one year of supervisory or leadership experience in a medical office team and/or approved development plan
- Demonstrated understanding of clinical methods and techniques used in record keeping systems.
- Demonstrated ability in implementing the principles and practices of supervision.
- Advanced computer efficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and experience in Patient Management System
- Professional written communication skills
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments requiring moderate exercise of independent judgment
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of the position
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and team building skills required
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment. Organized, able to
- prioritize, and work independently
- Ability to speak in a clear and understandable manner and write legibly
- Ability to meet and deal effectively with clients, associates, and patients
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bilingual (Spanish and English)
- Joint Commission accreditation standards
- Prior coaching and monitoring experience is desirable and proven ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- Provide mentorship, guidance and training to medical records staff
- Assure efficient medical records flow is maintained. Assure compliance with internal procedures.
- Obtain patient information and enter accurately into computer system.
- Maintain appropriate documentation of access to medical records.
- Review medical records for completeness and mail/fax records to designated representative.
- Process an average of 25 medical records daily
- Participate with interviewing and selection of prospective employees.
- Provide orientation and on-going skill development for Patient Support Medical Records team. Provide staffing for vacant positions as needed.
- When no other coverage is available, provide coverage for team.
- Assign work tasks, assure coverage for breaks, meals, meeting, absences, and coordinate vacation scheduling. Review and certify correctness of time keeping records. Monitor attendance records
- Assist insurance plans, AHCCCS, & HEDIS representatives perform chart audits
- Assure that quality control monitoring is in compliance with regulatory agencies
- May participate in quality management (QM) monitoring and performance
- Improvement (PI), including, but not limited to, assisting with the development of office procedures
- Other duties as requested or assigned
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Additional duties as requested or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcare’s written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelante’s legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.