Medical Director of Womens Health
To provide assistance to the Chief Medical Officer with oversight and coordination of quality comprehensive medical care to a variety of the center’s Women’s Health patients, in an efficient and cost effective manner, for both the health centers and the organization. Also responsible for providing comprehensive obstetrical and gynecological health care services through the identification, management and/or referral of the health problems and maintenance of the women’s health by means of obstetrical care, preventive care and health promotion.
Every Adelante Leader will strive to maximize the performance and contribution of each team member to Adelante Healthcare and the community that we serve every day. Leaders will set clear performance expectations, provide on-going feedback and coaching to improve results and outcomes and provide regular performance evaluations. Leaders are also expected to work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, compliance with organization and department policies, and model the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence for all other employees.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
KNOWLEDGE and SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to coordinate quality medical care in the outpatient setting
- Interest in fostering organizational/physician/patient cooperation towards improving the delivery of care
- Ability and evidence of competence in general office procedures and organizational effectiveness
- Ability to adequately act as a liaison between the organization and the medical staff of the health center
- Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Public Health Administration or related field preferred
- Two years of experience working in a management capacity in a health care institution or agency
- Proof of successful National Board completion or certification
- Meets requirements of Medical Staff membership
- Completion of an accredited United States Obstetrical/Gynecological Residency program
- Board certified in obstetrics and gynecology or if recent graduate of a residency program and proof of ability to take and pass boards in obstetrics and gynecology within two years of graduation.
- Valid Arizona medical license
- Valid DEA certificate
- Current BLS
- Demonstrated understanding of clinical methods and techniques
- Ability to meet and deal effectively with clients, associates and the general public
- Basic business English, spelling and punctuation skills
- Basic computer efficiency
- Valid AZ driver’s license
- Commitment to Adelante Healthcare mission, vision, and values
- Competency in dealing with people of various cultures and social status
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Serves as primary liaison between their Women’s Health providers and Chief Medical Officer
- Assists with developing, coordinating and enforcing Women’s Health policies and procedures. Educates clinical staff on rationale and need for adherence to Women’s Health policies
- Assists in implementing the Patient Centered Medical Home model including improving clinical workflows and patient satisfaction
- Supervises, monitors, audits and evaluates Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants in the Women’s Health Department of Adelante Healthcare
- Assists with recruitment of medical staff, including interviewing candidates.
- Assists with the development and coordination of diagnosis-related practices and guidelines
- Works cooperatively with the Health Center Practice Managers, and contributes to the evaluation of the Practice Manager in conjunction with the Director of Operations
- Leads regular meetings of the medical staff in the Women’s Health Department at each site.
- Assists in the maintenance of clinical coverage when needed
- Meets regularly with the Chief Medical Officer, and other medical leaders, to improve clinical care and processes
- Responsible for all essential responsibilities of a Women’s Health Physician
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as requested and assigned by the Chief Medical Officer
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcare’s written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelante’s legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.