Marketing and Community Engagement Director
Primarily responsible for strategic leadership and management of the Marketing & Communications department. The Marketing and Community Engagement Director is a highly capable and entrepreneurial minded individual who architects and drives our reputation management strategy that elevates the image of the organization through assigned strategic partnerships, sponsorships, and public relations activities. Major responsibilities are to develop, implement, monitor, and evaluate external, internal, and internal/external strategies that also include marketing, advertising, promotions, and design to support and maximize the positive exposure of Adelante. Also coordinates activities with internal stakeholders to ensure brand consistency and effective communication.
Every Adelante Leader will strive to maximize the performance and contribution of each team member to Adelante Healthcare and the community that we serve every day. Leaders will set clear performance expectations, provide on-going feedback and coaching to improve results and outcomes and provide regular performance evaluations. Leaders are also expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation and model for all other employees the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Four (4) year college degree in business, marketing, or other relevant field (Masters preferred) AND 8 years of professional high-level leadership experience is required. Previous management experience is required for leadership and previous experience managing teams and projects is required for matrix management.
- Proven track record for developing marketing and communications strategies for campaign development, with a focus on innovative brand building and patient acquisition programs.
- Attracts, fully engages, and retains an effective team accountable for employee commitment; provides challenging and stretch assignments to direct reports; fosters a climate of life-long learning and development.
- Communications skills are comprised of written, verbal and presentation capabilities to include excellent business English (Spanish also preferred), spelling, and punctuation skills.
- Experience creating and managing effective public relations and reputation management strategies.
- History of working closely with executives and adapting to their tone and style.
- Ability to create compelling stories and campaigns that showcase our positive impact on patients and the communities we serve.
- Strategic thinking with the ability to translate vision and strategy into actions and results.
- Skilled in initiating and building valued relationships externally with internally with leaders across a complex, highly matrixed organization.
- Ability to create and analyze metrics/financial projections and develop strategic plans as they relate to key initiatives for our communities or greater health system.
- In-design or any form of graphic design software.
- Advanced project management skills.
- Excellent copywriting skills and ability to rework technical content for a wider audience.
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently, manage multiple tasks, and thrive within a dynamic team environment; flexibility and adaptability is critical.
- Work collaboratively and efficaciously as a team member.
- Be self-motivated, flexible, confident, energetic, and creative.
- Competency in working with people of various cultures
- Evidence of valid Arizona drivers license and current auto insurance
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Prioritization and multi-task skills are required
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated experience as an Advocate for Health Care or Human Rights
- Fluency in a language in addition to English (Spanish preferred)
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- Manage the monthly creation and internal distribution of Adelantes internal employee newsletter communication.
- Manage, prepare, and create marketing collateral and promotional material for large organizational outreach events.
- Coordinate various integrated communication and marketing and advertising activities including determining and managing of marketing department budget.
- Lead efforts to accelerate digital transformation in marketing as a driver of business and patient growth.
- Coordinate the development, production, or implementation of marketing materials.
- Track campaigns; prepare performance analysis reports of post campaign and making recommendations to concurrent programs for corrective modifications.
- Maintain open lines of communication with all departments and providing prompt answers to requests.
- Design, write and maintain content and providing monthly updates to company website.
- Facilitate the writing, tracking and delivery of press releases and other Public Relations activities as necessary.
- Develop and advance the strategy and voice for our Executive and Senior Leadership Teams via executive communications, speaking engagements, poster presentations, and media interviews.
- Support Community Development department with needed collateral, communications, and marketing material.
- Create and curate content from across the organization and externally that supports our brand.
- Manage internal communications, media relations, social media content, and partnership marketing.
- Work with patients and assist in developing case studies, references, and testimonials (mission moments).
- Create and implement organizational marketing and communications plans in alignment with the current strategic plan.
- Oversee all internal and external communications (including public relations/outreach) to ensure messaging is on point and aligned with the brand.
- Be the liaison with representatives of media and advertising for the company.
- Other duties as requested or assigned
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelantes legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.