Integrated Behavioral Health Manager
This position manages the Integrated Behavioral Health Program. It is responsible for the supervision, recruitment, training, and development of Integrated Behavioral Health Team Members. This position may also keep two patient care days each week, allowing the role to continue to serve our clients in the health centers and work with other internal and external resources in meeting/achieving client service needs.
Every Adelante Leader will strive to maximize the performance and contribution of each team member to Adelante Healthcare and the community that we serve every day. Leaders will set clear performance expectations, provide on-going feedback and coaching to improve results and outcomes and provide regular performance evaluations. Leaders are also expected to work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and model for all other employees the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism, and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree in a Behavioral Health field (Psychology, Social Work, Professional Counseling, etc.) and at least three (3) years of directly related experience
- Computer literacy is required
- Licensure as an LCSW, LPC, Psy.D., or Ph.D. is required
- Previous leadership/management experience preferred
- Ability to design and implement clinical pathways and protocols for treatment
- Experience with the behavioral health/primary care integration model
- Excellent working knowledge of behavioral medicine and evidence-based treatments for medical and mental health conditions
- Ability to work through brief patient contacts as well as to make quick and accurate clinical assessments of mental and behavioral conditions
- Should be comfortable with the pace of primary care, working with an interdisciplinary team, and have strong communication skills
- Working knowledge of psycho-pharmacology
- Certification to perform cardiopulmonary Resuscitation for the Health Care Professional (CPR) and AED through courses that follow the guidelines from the American Heart Association and Red Cross (cognitive and skills evaluations)
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations
- Provides leadership support for the integrated behavioral health team
- Is an active clinical member of the Integrated Behavioral Health team and is able to provide direct patient care as business needs require
- Maintains all credentials and privileging requirements of an active Behavioral Health Provider
- Ensures the effective integration of behavioral health care with primary care
- Provides clinical support and supervision of behavioral health team members
- Identifies, shares, and implements best practices related to primary care-behavioral health integration
- Ensures compliance with state and behavioral health plan requirements
- Strong working knowledge of CMS/AHCCCS guidelines and requirements
- Supports the development and implementation of training activities related to stepped care and integrated care
- Responsible for chart review for quality of care
- Organizes a quarterly peer review process
- Works closely with Quality, Community Health staff, and Clinic Operations staff to facilitate the collection, reporting and presentation of program data
- Maintains effective working relationships with agency staff and clients
- Complies with Equal Employment Opportunity, Americans with Disabilities Act, Affirmative Action Plan and other applicable employment laws and regulations in the supervision of staff
- Ensures the behavioral health program is in compliance with clinical and legal obligations
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two (2) years of community health care experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as requested or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team-based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelantes legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.