Infection Control Manager
This position will be responsible for development a maintenance of the organizations infection prevention and control program (ICP). The ICP includes but is not limited to policies and procedure updates; surveillance for health-care associated infections (HAIs); compliance monitoring of high risk infection control processes such as sterilization and high level disinfection; collection, analysis, and interpretation of surveillance data; outbreak investigation; Auditing, reporting, and program evaluation. The infection control manager will lead the organizational infection prevention and control risk assessment and review and develop the ICP annually. This manager will also be instrumental in providing employee education about infection prevention and control practices to assure delivery of the highest quality patient care. The Infection Control Manager will assure compliance with Joint Commission (TJC), Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS), Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA), and other state, federal, or other regulatory agency requirements regarding infection prevention and control practices.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Two to five (2-5) years infection control (IC) experience required
- Valid, unrestricted AZ Drivers License required
- Certification in Infection Control (CIC) Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology (CBIC) preferred; Associate Infection Prevention and Control (a-IPC) acceptable if able and willing to achieve CIC within 6 months of hire
- Certified in Dental Infection Prevention and Control (CDIPC) 18 months from date of hire
- The Joint Commission (TJC) experience preferred
- Electronic Medical Record experience preferred; NextGen experience strongly preferred
- Certification to perform cardiopulmonary Resuscitation for the Health Care Professional (CPR) and AED through courses that follow the guidelines from the American Heart Association and Red Cross preferred
- A Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety is required
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) IC requirements preferred
- Ability to process complex information while working independently
- Ability to proactively and consistently apply regulatory and accreditation standards to assure that activities are reviewed and performance improvement processes are implemented within guidelines
- Strong organizational, verbal, written, analytic and interpersonal skills
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Valid AZ Registered Nurse (RN) license in good standing without restrictions is preferred
- Five (5) or more years experience in ambulatory healthcare preferred
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- Enhance infection prevention and control education programs
- Develop and implement the IC assessment and IC Plan annually
- Maintain infection prevention and control policies and procedures based upon evidence-based guidelines, regulations and/or standards with appropriate communication, education, and training for health center employees
- Perform Infection prevention and control assessment, surveillance tracking and trending, and employee education
- Assure appropriate supplies necessary for adherence to Standard Precautions (hand hygiene products, personal protective equipment, injection equipment, etc.) and infection prevention and control practices are available for patient and employee safety.
- Participate in organizational safety tracers bimonthly or as needed, leading the IC components of the review to assure employee adherence to infection prevention and control practices
- Facilitate Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) activities within the health centers to support process improvement related to infection prevention and control.
- Adhere to local, state, and Federal requirements regarding healthcare associated infections surveillance, reportable diseases, and outbreak reporting
- Adherence to federal and state requirements for protection of health center employees from exposure to blood borne pathogens
- Lead infection prevention planning, training and response as needed
- Produce data analysis, written reports and presentations for Quality and Safety Committees
- Manages the development and implementation of evidence-based interventions designated to reduce/eliminate the risk of healthcare Associated Infections (HAIs) and/or disease transmission
- Supports emergency management activities and environment of care through participation on environmental tracers, new construction, remodeling, and patient influx planning, emergency response drills
- Identifies situations that may present an infectious hazard to patients, staff or visitors. Take appropriate actions to eliminate hazards
- Collaborates on the annual evaluation and revision of the Hazardous Materials and Waste Management Plan
- Applies change management concepts to influence successful, timely attainment of performance goals
- Conduct surveillance for all maintenance, renovation, or new construction work to identify ongoing risks for patients, employees, and visitors, as well as maintaining cleanliness of working areas and equipment
- Monitor sterilization and disinfection methods and conduct audits of those processes
- Participate as a member of the Quality and Safety Committee
- Participate as a member of the Forms Committee
- Travel to each health center regularly to perform essential and additional duties as required
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as request or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelantes legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
Job-related Information Check a Response
Safety Sensitive Position
Yes or No
Merit Increase Eligible
Yes or No
Yes or No
Yes or No
Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Required
Yes or No
Annual Fitness for Duty Required
Yes or No
Fit Test Required
Yes or No
Yes or No
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.