Health Information Systems Analyst
Primarily responsible for guiding, troubleshooting, and supporting clinicians, and
others with use and adoption of AHC supported clinical computing systems/applications, and automated services. Additionally, will assist in the development and deployment of credible and valid methodologies to measure and quantify clinical performance; identify opportunities related to efficiency and quality; assist in creating tools including physician and organization level reporting tools to drive performance in these areas. Finally, performs clinical applications accounts maintenance and other assignments, which may vary from routine to intermediate complexity in nature and are carried out with minimal guidance.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Two (2) year college degree AND a minimum of one (1) years’ experience in an out-patient-based position utilizing electronic health records management and patient scheduling systems; OR a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in an out-patient-based position utilizing electronic health records management and patient scheduling systems; OR any combination of acceptable training and experience to perform required functions
- Demonstrated understanding of clinical methods and techniques used in electronic record keeping systems
- Intermediate computer efficiency and understanding of MS Windows operating systems and core Office applications
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware
- Must demonstrate proficiency in Medical Terminology or the desire to learn
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments requiring a high level of independent judgment
- Technical abilities with data and analytics tools, including MS office-excel, SAS or other software packages
- Ability to troubleshoot reporting problems including design issues and develop and implement solutions
- Detailed-oriented individual with excellent interpersonal oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well individually and in a fast-paced environment and prioritize work to balance competing deadlines in a professional manner
- Excellent business English, spelling, and punctuation skills
- Ability to grasp complex problems and understand ramifications of proposed solutions
- Ability to resolve conflicts between team members and customers in a constructive way
- Commitment to Adelante Healthcare’s mission, vision, and values
- Competency in dealing with persons of various cultures and social status
- Evidence of a valid Arizona driver’s license and current auto insurance
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated experience as an Advocate for Health Care or Human Rights
- Experience using NextGen EHR
- Experience using NextGen EPM
- Experience using NextGen QSI Dental
- Analytic abilities in statistical testing, regression analysis, etc. preferred
- Understanding of and experience with analyzing EMR data and clinical data preferred
- Professional experience in an analytics field or other health care related experience preferred
- Intermediate computer literacy
- Intermediate knowledge of computer software and hardware
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- Provide documentation and specialized user support for clinical applications
- Address issues/ tickets in the Technology Office ticketing system
- To assist the organization by addressing issues called in by the end user during Helpdesk hours (0700-1700). Schedule will be Tuesday through Saturday
- Assist other technology staff and peers as needed
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to learn complex processes/concepts in a short period
- Must be able to work effectively with others to understand the scope of work and capabilities of NextGen
- Continue in the deployment and development of clinical or vendor applications and software in accordance to policies and best practices.
- Perform accounts troubleshooting, maintenance and management for clinical, dental, and/or pharmacy computer applications and services
- Assist with projects requiring data extraction ensuring timely, relevant, accurate and consistent information use
- Review and optimization of Systems to best support clinical workflows/processes
- Coordinate with project teams to achieve team/organizational goals and outcomes
- Maintain a log of modifications/changes/alterations to NextGen or its related applications (EDR, PM, DM, ETC)
- Assist with analysis of external data definitions documentation and mapping process
- Validate data load processes and the quality of the data loaded into clinical data repositories
- Support QI department in projects needing data, reports, and coordination
- Confer with team leads to determine protocol design, data element selection, appropriate statistical methods and delivery schedules
- Generate data queries based on validation checks or errors and omissions identified during data entry, identifying inconsistencies and inefficiencies in processes
- Create and/or generate reports to enable clinical teams to drive decision-making and improve efficiency in practice/physician level performance
- Support quality initiatives; conduct analytics, and statistical testing as needed
- Collaborate with others departments to document data needs and metric definitions
- Keep up-to-date with ongoing changes in data analytics capability
- Required to maintain individual skills/training in accordance to organizational workflows
- Provide excellent customer service by responding to unfamiliar, undefined, or unexpected situations with professional and timely responses.
- Act as customer problem solver, maintaining a constructive and positive attitude
- Communicate through formal and informal methods with customers
- Resolve conflicts between team members and customers in a constructive way
- Procure information and requirements for clinical account(s) creation from identified personnel and departments
- Create and maintain NextGen e-Learning accounts
- Maintain knowledge base and current awareness on clinical applications and relevant policies
- Understand workflow and clinical processes that computing applications are intended to assist/facilitate
- Understand support policies and practices for hardware (workstation, host and network) and software
- Assure clinical leaders and clinicians are getting what they need from the clinical computer applications and services.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality related to job requirements.
- Must possess good interpersonal communication and be customer/client oriented
- Other duties as assigned
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize cell phone for business communications
- Drive to multiple company locations to perform duties
- Other duties as requested or assigned.
- Attend and participate in meetings and training sessions as needed
- Assist with other department’s functions as assigned.
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcare’s written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelante’s legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.