This position functions to assist all patients and their families through the healthcare system by acting as a health educator and patient advocate. They will also work with patients to develop self-management goals. This position is essential to Adelantes team-based primary care medical home model of care that supports coordinated, patient-centered, comprehensive health care to all.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected to work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism, and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Medical Assistant (preferred) or a bachelors degree in a related field or program
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Two or more years experience in a clinical setting unless approved by hiring manager.
- Demonstrated understanding of clinical methods and techniques used in record-keeping systems.
- Demonstrated ability in implementing the principles and practices of supervision.
- Advanced computer efficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and experience in Electronic Healthcare Records (EMR)
- Meet the organization immunization requirement
- Valid Arizona drivers license
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) Preferred
- Certification to perform cardiopulmonary Resuscitation for the Health Care Professional (CPR) and AED through courses that follow the guidelines from the American Heart Association and Red Cross (cognitive and skills evaluations)
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job-related selection or promotional criteria.
- Participates in team meetings, designated Specialty Team meetings, and quality and process improvement initiatives.
- Helps to develop materials and facilitate health and disease patient education sessions.
- Coordinates continuity of patient care with external healthcare organizations and facilities such as referrals to outside specialties and ongoing two-way communication between providers.
- Develops relationships with external healthcare organizations and facilities in efforts to find additional resources.
- Coordinates outreach efforts to high-risk patients and hospital discharge and admissions.
- Promotes clear communication among the care team and treating clinicians by ensuring awareness regarding patient care plans
- Facilitates patient care based upon approved standing orders and protocols.
- Works collaboratively with the clinical team in data collection, health outcomes reporting, clinical audits, and programmatic evaluation.
- Helps evaluate clinical care, utilization of resources, and development of new clinical tools, forms, and procedures.
- Uses excellent customer service and communication skills
- Will perform patient outreach calls as needed
- Correctly collects specimens, performs testing, and processes as indicated. (if not MA, cannot do this, with a true PCMH starting with a HE be pulled for this, I can see it potentially happening as we are helping with covid testing)
- Meeting UDS measurements? (we are big focus on SMG/PRAPARE)
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as request or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment that supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team-based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees must comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures, and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelantes legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here represent those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with help. The job's specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood-borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep the job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed satisfactorily by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.