This position will be responsible for assisting all patients and their families through the healthcare system by acting as a patient advocate and navigator; provides support toward engagement in self-management goal.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated understanding of clinical methods and techniques used in record keeping systems.
- Demonstrated ability in implementing the principles and practices of supervision.
- Advanced computer efficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and experience in Electronic Healthcare Records (EMR)
- Meet the organization immunization requirement
- Valid Arizona driver’s license
- Graduation from an accredited medical assistant program
- Active CPR
- 2 or more years’ experience in a clinical setting
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- Participates in Patient Center Medical Home team meetings and quality improvement initiatives
- Helps facilitate health and disease patient education sessions and development of material.
- Coordinates continuity of patient care with external healthcare organizations and facilities such as referrals to outside specialties; ongoing two way communication between providers.
- Develops relationships with external healthcare organizations and facilities in efforts to finding additional resources.
- Coordinates outreach efforts to high risk patient and hospital discharge and admissions.
- Helps manage high risk patient care, including management of patients with multiple co-morbidities or high risk for readmission to a hospital setting, including data entry/management.
- Promotes clear communication amongst a care team and treating clinicians by ensuring awareness regarding patient care plans.
- Facilitates patient care based upon standing orders and protocols.
- Works collaboratively with Patient Center Medical Home team for data collection, health outcomes reporting, clinical audits and programmatic evaluation.
- Helps evaluate clinical care, utilization of resources and development of new clinical tools, forms and procedures.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Will perform daily patient outreach calls
- Correctly collect specimens, perform testing, and processes as indicated.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties and requested or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcare’s written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelante’s legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee
may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.