Health Center Practice Administrator for the West Valley
This position is responsible for the efficient, profitable day-to-day operation and management of a Community Health Center that provides primary care services, such as family practice, pediatrics, and internal medicine services and OB/GYN care in a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) environment (additional services may be included based on site location). Additionally, the health center administrator is a patient advocate who creates an environment that delivers exceptional level of care for the clinic, patient experience, patient flow and reaches into the community for growth and support of the centers’ efforts.
Every Adelante Leader will strive to maximize the performance and contribution of each team member to Adelante Healthcare, setting clear performance expectations, consistent communication, mentoring, coaching and regular performance reviews and feedback. Leaders are expected to achieve results through coordinated and planned outreach in the primary surrounding community. Leaders are also expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation and model for all other employees demonstrating the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience determined by People Services and hiring manager
- Minimum five (5) years Healthcare experience, which includes three years healthcare management experience - specifically managing a medical site/operation with multiple providers
- Competent in Healthcare, Medical Assistant, Nursing or related background. Experience with Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) practices a plus
- Ability to meet and communicate effectively with staff, patients, community representatives, Adelante leadership, and business partners
- Ability to solve problems using a logical, systematic and tactical approach.
- Demonstrated management, communication, leadership, community relations, and customer service skills
- Experience in applying continuous quality improvement techniques in service delivery design to improve patient health outcomes
- Proven ability with productive and efficient time management; problem solving using and fulfilling commitments
- Experience with NextGen or other electronic health records (EHR) software.
- Demonstrated understanding and use of technology infrastructure (email, web-based tools, internet, etc.) and applications (Excel, Word, etc.,)
- Ability to help others to increase their knowledge, skills, and abilities to enable them to perform at a higher level
- Ability to manage projects that are data and deadline driven
- Ability to provide effective performance and results management
- Demonstrated ability to manage partnerships, promote teamwork within work unit and across departmental/organizational lines
- Must have reliable transportation that can meet any operational reassignments of the organization during the workday. If employee is driving during work hours, the employee is required to possess a valid driver’s license and must be in compliance with Arizona vehicle insurance requirements.
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to communicate in more than one language
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- Monitor and evaluate Health Center staff performance and competencies for quality purposes in addition to determining merit increases, promotions, disciplinary actions and maintenance of appropriate personnel documentation
- Foster an environment of outstanding patient care within a PCMH model of service
- Assure compliance with applicable federal, state and local legislation, such as OSHA, FMLA, Workers Compensation, ADA, and any applicable accreditation agency
- Responsible for selection of front and back office clinical support staff including selection, interviewing, training, and orientation
- Work with patient eligibility with determination and enrollment processes in various programs through the electronic HealthE+ application, including AHCCCS, AZ Primary Care Program, sliding fee discounts, self-pay and other third party insurers
- Ensure compliance with accrediting body standards for quality patient care through regular audits/improvement activities
- Provide strong attention to detail with respect to scheduling, billing, and maintenance of records
- Monitor appointments, patient flow and waiting areas to improve daily productivity
- Document and resolve patient complaints
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, management, and staff
- Responsible for employee education and updates on all policies and procedures
- Monitor and control health center expenditures, review and approve all orders and maintain supply inventory
- Assure that all equipment is maintained in good repair or is replaced as needed and monitor building and grounds for cleanliness
- Establish goals and accurately measure and evaluate skills and expertise of staff members in the context of the relevant job description and engage staff members in regular performance feedback discussions
- Implement procedures for attaining clinic productivity standards and goals
- Assist with Sliding Fee Scale (SFS) audits as necessary
- Assure daily deposits are made and completion of day sheet reconciliations
- Financial planning and management of center budget; monitoring and allocating expenditures
Administrative / Management
- Review correspondence and answer written inquiries relating to the status of Center functions
- Prepare reports and correspondence as required
- Coordinate with Center Support for inventory control, facilities management, and maintenance of equipment
- Assure performance of weekly, monthly and quarterly safety checks and performs drills each quarter. Maintains appropriate logs.
- Maintain high level of customer satisfaction as reflected on patient satisfaction surveys and other measurement tools
- Maintain accurate time and attendance records and prepare reports as requested/required
- Coordinate student and volunteer services
- Monitor, manage and adjust strategies when necessary, Health Center budget, and profitability and production matrices
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as required
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcare’s written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelante’s legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.