Health Care Quality Improvement Manager
The Quality Improvement Manager is responsible to manage clinical quality improvement within the organization. This position will work with the Quality Assurance Manager and Medical Director of Quality to identify opportunities for quality improvement and oversee performance improvement initiatives. This position will work closely with training and operations to implement process improvement and monitor success of process improvement changes.
Every Adelante Leader will strive to maximize the performance and contribution of each team member to Adelante Healthcare and the community that we serve every day. Leaders will set clear performance expectations, provide on-going feedback and coaching to improve results and outcomes and provide regular performance evaluations. Leaders are also expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation and model for all other employees the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in the Healthcare field or Registered Nurse
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory skills
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Quality, or related field in the healthcare industry
- Experience with performance improvement models (Rapid Continuous Quality Improvement, Route Cause Analysis, Barrier Analysis, Process Mapping, Lean-Six Sigma, etc)
- Experience in managed care with knowledge of HEDIS and STARS Quality Metrics preferred
- Proficiency in developing and presenting analytic reports both written and verbal, data collection, sampling, analysis and presentation
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, includes Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Must be able to write analytic reports integrating multiple data elements and perspectives
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality, privacy, and security of protected information
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Travel to all health centers is required
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to read and write in more than one language
- Master’s degree preferred
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- Create and foster working relationships with internal and external customers that facilitate accreditation/regulatory Quality Improvement program success
- Plans, organizes, and implements various special projects related to quality, risk management, and/or compliance as assigned
- Evaluates programs and recommend changes as necessary to improvement programs and assure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Develop and implement appropriate project management plans and tools to correct identified deficiencies
- Lead (Clinical Quality Improvement) CQI interdisciplinary sessions with sites as needed when compliance opportunities are identified
- Collaborate with site leaders and training as expert in quality standards
- Project Manage workgroups to improve compliance with Quality Standards
- Maintain knowledge of update changes in The Joint Commission
- Attend tracer audits
- Manage and follow up on Quality Incidence through Ethics point or other quality reports
- Manage and follow up on health plan grievances
- Collaborate with compliance and privacy officer on projects as needed
- Project Manage teams to evaluate root cause analysis for significant incidents and plan interventions
- Educate staff about safety concerns in the workplace
- Work with MDQ on Implementing and Monitoring Quality Management Plan Annually
- Work with MDQ on Implementing and Monitoring Infection Control Plan Annually
- Based on Quality goals, MDQ and sites will select up to 6 interdisciplinary QI teams to manage
- Reach out to other departments if resources are needed
- Collect pre and post intervention data if appropriate from NextGen, Billing, or other data repositories
- Attend quality committee meeting to present performance improvement progress
- Participate in the data collection, validation, and analysis of UDS submission annually
- Other projects as requested by MDQ
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as requested or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcare’s written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelante’s legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.