The Grants Manager will develop Adelante Healthcares grants department. They will collaborate in the development, implementation, execution, and management of grants and grants related programs, projects, and initiatives for the organization.
Every Adelante Leader will strive to maximize the performance and contribution of each team member to Adelante Healthcare and the community that we serve every day. Leaders will set clear performance expectations, provide on-going feedback and coaching to improve results and outcomes and provide regular performance evaluations. Leaders are also expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation and model for all other employees the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Plans, directs and leads the activities of grant writing and development.
- Develop grant-specific timelines and milestones, prepare reports on the progress of current and future grants or related programs and projects.
- Prepare grant application checklist, evaluation form, and implementation for review and approval of the leadership team.
- Develop and write grant-related proposals, case statements, letters of inquiry, and other correspondence to government agencies, foundations, corporations, and other national and regional entities for submission through web-based portals, email, and mail.
- Facilitate the work of grant-related programs and project development teams.
- Negotiate agreements and budgets with procurement officers; secure letters of commitment and Memorandum of Agreements.
- Ensure fiscal and program compliance and manage accurate reporting through collaboration with project coordinators, external partners, and the Finance Department.
- Ensure compliance with all pre- and post-grant policies and procedures.
- Coordinates receipt of awards and contract documentation; maintains proposals and funding records in database systems and prepares scheduled and special reports, studies, and analyses.
- Responsible for monitoring grant proposal reporting deadlines and submitting appropriate reports timely.
- Develops and maintains grants related policies and procedures.
- Collaborates, communicates, and coordinates with internal teams involved in meeting grants objectives.
- Maintains relationships with internal and external grant partners.
- Responsible for researching, evaluating, coordinating and undertaking new grant opportunities based on needs of the community and the organization.
- Assures all grants are tracked to ensure compliance with all grant requirements and reporting.
- Evaluates grant funded programs for success.
- Works with Finance and People Services to make sure time and effort reporting of grant-funded staff is maintained in compliance with grant requirements.
- Participates in coalitions with other organizations related to Medicaid and other health insurance coverage as well as other issues of interest in the community to Adelante Healthcare. Shares information internally with staff and management on changes in public policy, the health care environment, and the community served by Adelante Healthcare.
- Assists executive staff with special projects as needed.
- Must be able to embrace differences among people and able to interact with internal staff as well as external contacts in a culturally competent and respectful manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree (B.A.) in a field related to marketing, public relations, fund raising, public administration and/or healthcare administration.
- Must have significant knowledge, understanding and experience in the grant application and award process, funding sources, institutional requirements and regulatory compliance requirements.
- At least 1 year of federal or federal pass-through grant experience.
- At least 5 years experience in successful fund raising, grant writing, development.
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent writing, research and analytical skills.
- Ability to review several diverse reference sources to select and synthesize data for reports and other grant documents.
- Work with cross-functional teams and lead team meetings.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical operations.
- Ability to take complex information and translate it into clearly and accurately written grant proposals, academic manuscripts and reports.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Observes organizational policies/procedures as outlined separately or as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Ensures compliance with governmental licensing and regulatory requirements where applicable.
- Seeks facility or external education/training that would further develop skills related to current job.
- Observes and respects the confidentiality of information in regard to patients, visitors and co-workers.
- Demonstrate good customer service/communication skills with both external and internal stakeholders.
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelantes legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.