The Grant Coordinator will work in the Strategic Programs Department under the direct supervision of the Grants Manager. The Grant Coordinator position will function as the primary staff member for the administration of a comprehensive grant development program. The primary responsibilities of this position are to manage and coordinate a complex grants portfolio, including partner-agency agreements, grant contracts, and highly technical special projects. The Grant Coordinator will assist with writing and submitting grant applications to support Adelante Healthcares mission and to liaise with relevant grant program stakeholders.
Every Adelante Healthcare employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected to work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism, and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in writing or working in the function of a grant
- Bachelors degree in public health, liberal arts, English, or another related field
- Demonstrated experience and success administering and writing state, federal, and/or local government grant proposals is required
- Strong writing ability and the ability to compose, edit, and proof correspondence, data reports, grant budgets, grant proposals, and other relevant documents
- Experience in developing budgets and gathering and presenting data in a written format is required
- Ability to work well on multiple, simultaneous projects and deadlines through a project management approach
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong communication skills, both written, verbal, and interpersonal
- Knowledge and skill in applying analytical and evaluative techniques to the identification and resolution of grants administration issues
- Proficiency in use of current Microsoft Office applications
- Competency in working with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Evidence of valid Arizona driver license and current auto insurance
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Three (3) years of experience working with community health programs
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job-related selection or promotional criteria.
- In alignment with Adelante Healthcares (AHC) strategic plan, coordinate the development and submission of grant proposals, grant budgets, and submit grant applications, grant reports, and renewals to government and private entities.
- Work constructively, diplomatically, and effectively with AHC staff, partners, and others to coordinate grant applications and renewals and to gather documents and data related to grants.
- Strong research skills to review funding opportunities for appropriateness and provide technical assistance to program managers on required administrative and financial policies, grant requirements, and sound business practices.
- Upon receipt of award, coordinate and monitor all phases of award and administration, including compliance to grant and/or contract guidelines.
- Analyze grant submissions, renewals, and budgets to ensure adherence to federal and state regulations.
- Perform various grant administration functions such as budget amendments, work plan changes, and coordinate program evaluation reporting.
- Perform ongoing monitoring of grant program goals as well as monthly performance and tracking of required performance and compliance reports.
- Work collaboratively with AHC teammates to submit all post-award grant reporting and requirements, monitor all grant deadlines and deliverables.
- Coordinate and maintain grant database and master files.
- Assist with preparing reports and analyzing data to track status of awards and funding.
- Knowledge of developing working relationships with community agencies, public and private organizations
- Represent AHC on external workgroups and committees as appropriate.
- Communicate relevant grant information with AHC departments and all appropriate internal stakeholders in a timely manner.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as requested or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment that supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team-based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelantes legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.