Grants and Resource Development Director
The Grants and Resource Development Director will develop Adelante Healthcare’s grants and fund development department. They will collaborate in the development, implementation, execution, and management of grants and grants related programs, projects, and initiatives for the organization. Will provide strategic funding leadership for Adelante Healthcare by connecting people and departments within Adelante Healthcare, with community organizations, and with new and prospective funders and grant makers to facilitate the growth and success of the services we provide. Introduces philanthropy and directs fund development for the organization.
Every Adelante Leader will strive to maximize the performance and contribution of each team member to Adelante Healthcare and the community that we serve every day. Leaders will set clear performance expectations, provide on-going feedback and coaching to improve results and outcomes and provide regular performance evaluations. Leaders are also expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation and model for all other employees the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in business or health-related field or equivalent experience
- Five years’ experience in roles of similar complexity and organizational responsibility, preferably in a health care setting
- Experience as a Grant Reviewer
- Proven track record of project management including budgeting, programmatic follow up, and a history of delivering projects on time and within budget
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of vendor, regulatory and administrative staff within the organization and in the community.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, problem-solving and written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments requiring considerable exercise of independent judgment
- Experience with and ability to multitask and thrive under pressure. Must be flexible, energetic and a self-starter
- Plans, directs and leads all activities and functions of grant writing, development and maintenance
- Directs Adelante special events to raise funds and/or enhance and promote the image and goals of Adelante Healthcare
- Develops and manages a progressive program of resource development that will generate donor interest and result in current and future charitable gifts
- Support development activities by contributing strategic vision, program-related budgeting and general leadership and relationship building with external supporters
- Lead and contribute to projects and activities that support overall achievement of Adelante Healthcare’s mission and vision
- Responsible for funding compliance with all applicable federal and local governmental regulations and other funder guidelines
- Contribute to the budget development process by establishing annual and longer-term fundraising goals as a component of the Adelante Healthcare financial plan, projecting the resource needs of assigned programs, and managing the annual budget through ongoing review of revenue and expense performance
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent writing, research and analytical skills
- Ability to review several diverse reference sources to select and synthesize data for reports and other grant documents
- Work with cross-functional teams and lead team meetings
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical operations
- Ability to take complex information and translate it into clearly and accurately written grant proposals, academic manuscripts and reports.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all pre- and post-grant policies and procedures
- Coordinates receipt of awards and contract documentation; maintains proposals and funding records in database systems and prepares scheduled and special reports, studies, and analyses
- Maintains relationships with internal and external grant partners
- Responsible for researching, evaluating, coordinating and undertaking new grant opportunities based on needs of the community and the organization
- Participates in coalitions with other organizations related to Medicaid and other health insurance coverage as well as other issues of interest in the community to Adelante Healthcare. Shares information internally with staff and management on changes in public policy, the health care environment, and the community served by Adelante Healthcare
- Assists executive staff with special projects as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment that supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcare’s written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelante’s legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.