Grants and Programs Manager
GRANTS AND PROGRAMS MANAGER
- Initiate, develop and execute program plans for the agricultural farmworker and LGBTQ Health Programs as well as other strategic initiatives as identified by the organization
- Develop and execute outreach and marketing plans to increase agricultural worker patient enrollment by 15% each year as measured by the UDS reporting tool.
- Develop and execute outreach and marketing plans to further advance the LGBTQ Health Program and available services within the health centers
- Provide programmatic technical assistance by conducting research, collecting relevant information, policy changes or processes to further develop or maintain strategic programs
- Coordinate communication with internal and external program stakeholders on the implementation of new strategic initiatives
- Work collaboratively with external community organizations to assess and define the program barriers, emerging health care needs or opportunities of growth for agricultural workers, LGBTQ and other underserved populations healthcare programs
- Work collaboratively with external community organizations, established partners and local municipalities to develop, foster and maintain new cooperative opportunities for the benefit of patients and community members
- Participate in community work groups to strengthen relationships between the organization and federal, state, municipal, commercial and/or community based organizations to grow Adelante Healthcare influence within the community
- Prepare and present progress reports to the Adelante Healthcare Board of Directors, staff and external agencies
- Ability to apply knowledge of the principles, practices and methods associated with curriculum and program training material development and presentation
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and methods of project management
- Experience in developing effective working relationships with a variety of individuals to gain support and interest in program’s objectives through coalition building
- Basic understanding of federal, state and local policies, resources, programs and services involved with migrant and seasonal farm worker health issues
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office suite including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database applications
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, assignments and projects to meet established quality and time requirements
- Skill in working in a team environment
- Capable of working independently with little direct supervision in the efficient and thorough completion of tasks
- Capacity to learn and apply knowledge of a variety of federal, state and local resources, programs and services involved with Outreach and Enrollment initiatives
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as request or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcare’s written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelante’s legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
POSITION SUMMARY-GRANTS AND PROGRAMS MANAGER
The Grants and Programs Manager for Adelante Healthcare, is responsible for planning, developing, implementing, coordinating special program activities designed to identify and coordinate access to care for underserved populations. This includes but is not limited to agricultural workers and LGBTQ populations. The Grants and Program Manager is also responsible for planning, coordination and execution of assigned strategic programs and activities. Also ensures the implementation of policies and practices related to such programs and maintaining budget and tracking expenditures/transactions.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Health or closely related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Excellent verbal, written, communication and problem solving skills.
* Knowledge of Eligibility and enrollment process
* Bilingual English/Spanish Required
* Two (2) years of experience in community health
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* 3 years of experience or more in a community health care setting