Front Office Assistant
Under the direction of Front Office Supervisor or designee, this position provides direct customer service to patients. Duties include, but are not limited to: Check-In and check-out of patients, verifies insurance eligibility, provide cashier services. Schedule and confirm patient appointments. Answer incoming phone calls. All clerical activities, office supply maintenance and scanning of medical records.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply
- Current CPR certification
- Effective communication demonstrated by ability to read, interpret, comprehend and comply with written and verbal communication
- Proficient mathematical skills for use in a healthcare setting
- Basic computer proficiency to include Windows, MS Office, and internet
- Ability to problem solve in situations both independently or with support from team and/or leadership
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a high-stress and fast-moving environment
- Must have reliable transportation that can meet any operational reassignments of the organization during the workday. If employee is driving during work hours, the employee is required to possess a valid drivers license and must be in compliance with Arizona vehicle insurance requirements
- Electronic Health Record experience
- One or more years of front desk experience preferred
- Greets all patients and offers assistance with questions, or directs them to appropriate person or location
- Responsible for answering the phone, greeting callers, establishing the reason for call and resolving issues or referring to appropriate person
- Maintains and distributes patient documentation in an organized manner
- Accurately enter all patient demographics and all other required information into practice management system
- Obtains patient registration information and enter into computer system
- Identifies financial status of patients regarding sliding fee scale, insurance or discounts. Refers to eligibility as needed.
- Verifies third party payer coverage and billing information - insurance, etc.
- Assists with the correction of billing information as needed
- Prepares financial batch daily for processing
- Accurate handling of cash drawer and daily receipts
- Schedules patient appointments for medical providers via the computerized EPM
- Scans documents into electronic health record
- Maintain appropriate level of office supplies, medical forms at work station
- All other duties as assigned (such as translation and travel to other locations)
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence. Will be a professional role model and participate in community events that promote good health and contribute to greater awareness and understanding in the communities we serve.
OUR CORE VALUES