Employee Health Nurse - RN or LPN Required
This position will be involved with the development and maintenance of the employee health program including but not limited: to review of employee health tuberculosis screening and vaccination records and subsequent implementation of standing orders to assure all employees are in compliance with requirements of ADHS and the organization; Filing and maintenance of employee health records required for State Book; Education of new employees prior to and during orientation about the Employee Health Program requirements and workplace safety practices; Assess, coordinate care, and follow up with Employees who experience a work related injury, illness, and exposure until the employee is able to return to work without restrictions; Assess and provide recommendations for employees with ergonomic concerns related to their work duties; Maintenance of the Safety Data Sheets for chemicals in the workplace; Assess, educate, and monitor staff exposure and disposal practices of hazardous chemicals in the workplace; lead the organizations health and wellness program and carry out the annual objectives of the program to maintain Gold Status Health and Wellness Program) HAWP Award.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Valid AZ Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) license in good standing without restrictions is required
- Valid, unrestricted AZ Driver’s License required
- Employee health experience preferre
- Certification to perform cardiopulmonary Resuscitation for the Health Care Professional (CPR) and AED through courses that follow the guidelines from the American Heart Association and Red Cross (cognitive and skills evaluations)
- Electronic Medical Record experience preferred; NextGen experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) laws preferred
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Two (2) or more years’ experience in a Community Health Center
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- Assure policies and procedures address employee health needs including employee tuberculosis screening, tuberculosis testing, and vaccinations, declinations, and required documentation
- Implementation of standing orders to assure all employees are in compliance with requirements of ADHS and the organization; Administer, document, and track all employee health vaccinations
- Monitor the completion of employee health vaccination/testing requirements including completion of vaccination series and tuberculosis testing.
- Coordination of center support’s annual influenza vaccinations and tuberculosis testing.
- Employee Health data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Filing and maintenance of employee health records required for State Book
- Assess and follow up with Employees who incur a work related injury or exposure and track occupational health visit documentation and clearance to return to work.
- Educate of new employees prior to and during orientation about the Employee Health Program requirements and workplace safety practices
- Assess and provide recommendations for employees with ergonomic concerns related to their work duties
- Maintain the Safety Data Sheets for all chemicals in the workplace
- Assess, educate, and monitor staff exposure and disposal practices of hazardous chemicals in the workplace
- Lead the organizations health and wellness program and carry out the annual objectives of the program to maintain Gold Status Health and Wellness Program) HAWP Award.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as requested or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcare’s written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelante’s legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.