Dentist - Goodyear
Primarily responsible for providing comprehensive preventive and primary dental care consistent with training and guidelines of the American Dental Association; and maintenance of the patients dental health by means of preventive care and health promotion.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected to work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited dental school program
- Board certified
- Valid Arizona dental license
- Valid DEA certificate
- Demonstrated understanding of clinical methods and techniques
- Ability to meet and deal effectively with clients, associates and the general public
- Basic business English, spelling and punctuation skills
- Basic computer efficiency
- Valid Arizona drivers license
- Commitment to the Adelante Healthcare mission, vision, and values
- Competency in dealing with people of various cultures and social status
- Certification to perform cardiopulmonary Resuscitation for the Health Care Professional (CPR) and AED through courses that follow the guidelines from the American Heart Association and Red Cross (cognitive and skills evaluations)
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Three years of experience in community health.
- Interest and knowledge of current trends in dental care
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- Examine individuals requesting care, diagnose their dental condition, prescribe and carry out, or direct others in carrying out, appropriate dental treatment, or refer individuals for specialty consultation or treatment in conformance with approved clinical protocols and guidelines
- Record patient-dentist transactions in the patients dental record as they occur to ensure the dental record accurately and completely reflects the nature of the contact, the condition of the patient, and the care or treatment provided. Complete patient referrals and other records (follow-ups) necessary for patient care
- Educate individuals in the nature of health related conditions and in the general promotion of oral health related disease prevention
- Assure compliance with rules and regulations as set forth by the Department of Health and Human Services, the Health Services and Resources Administration, the Joint Commission, the Arizona Department of Health Services, and Health Plans from which AHC is contracted to receive member patients
- Evaluate patients in a timely and courteous manner
- Demonstrate knowledge of the signs of child/sexual abuse and State of Arizona legal requirements
- Participate in quality improvement programs that will ensure patients receive quality care in the office, and from other providers of health care service, using peer review, medical records audit, grievances, and other mechanisms as appropriate
- Attend continuing medical education (CME) programs (up to 40 CME hours per year) and provide a copy of the course completion certificate to the medical staff services department
- Advise Site Leader and Dental Director on performance deficiencies of clinical support personnel
- Understand role in Disaster Plan, and that safety is a condition of employment
- Abide by all AHC Policies and Procedures not otherwise addressed in the Employment Agreement
- Attend AHC staff meetings and other meetings as requested by the Dental Director
- Travel as necessary to meet operational needs
- Participate in, or conduct, in-service training to other providers and clinical support staff of AHC
- Contribute to the training and proficiencies of clinical personnel, including medical students, in a culturally competent capacity. Work with the Care Team in a positive, constructive manner
- Promote and demonstrate good customer service to both internal and external customers
- Participate in other activities such as health fairs, classes, and community events
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Will observe policies concerning unscheduled absences and report unscheduled absences in accordance with departmental procedures, have six (6) or fewer occurrences of unscheduled absences in a twelve
- (12) month period, report to work on time 98% of the days scheduled. Will dress according to dress code policy
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned by the Dental Director or Chief Medical Officer
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelantes legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.