Database Administrator II
The Database Administrator will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, analytics, and performance of SQL Server systems, as well as providing data reporting in areas of technology, finance, patient quality, grant submission, administration and others as appropriate. This is a hands-on position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent collaborative, interpersonal and written communication skills.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related experience
- EDW, DW, and OLAP as well as SQL and T-SQL experience
- 5+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience
- 3+ years of relevant PowerShell or Pester experience
- 3+ years analyst experience with healthcare data
- Advanced experience developing custom reports using Cognos, SSRS, Crystal, etc.
- Advanced MS EXCEL skill including Pivot Tables, Reports and Reference formulas
- Experience with NextGen or comparable Electronic Health Record application
- Understanding of database design, implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Demonstrated ability to develop and write technical documentation
- Demonstrated ability to write complex scripts for purposes of analyzing data and/or evaluating how information needs might be translated into back end database structures
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of Data Modeling experience with Data Warehouse/Data Marts/OLTP systems
- 5+ Years of experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of Data Management and Data Quality including Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) SQL Database certifications, Microsoft Azure or
- AWS certifications, ETL Certifications, Data Warehouse certifications or Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP)
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and test emerging technologies
- Certifications related to Data Management and Data Quality including Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) SQL Database certifications preferred
- Microsoft Azure or AWS certifications, ETL Certifications, Data Warehouse certifications or Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) preferred
- Experience administering Mirth
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- Manage SQL Server databases and its dependencies through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain databases and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Configure and maintain database reports and analytics, including monitoring of health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Write and deploy SQL, PowerShell, and Pester scripts
- Database analytics and business intelligence, to include Power BI
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end across multiple departments.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- Assist with schema design, code review, SQL query tuning
- Works with Systems Administrator team to ensure patches are applied and current in the environment and regularly make recommendations for system improvements following change management process
- Coordinate database activities with 3rd parties
- Aggregate data from separate database systems and external sources
- Design report templates in Excel, SSRS, and other reporting applications
- Maintain current awareness of industry methodologies, technologies, and best practices
- Recommend tool and methodologies to management as needed
- Develop a strong understanding of the underlying reporting framework and database structures
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive to multiple company/vendor/partner locations to perform duties
- Utilize cell phone for business communications
- Other duties as request or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelantes legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
Job-related Information Check a Response
Safety Sensitive Position
Yes or No
Merit Increase Eligible
Yes or No
Yes or No
Yes or No
Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Required
Yes or No
Annual Fitness for Duty Required
Yes or No
Fit Test Required
Yes or No
Yes or No
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.