Community Outreach Coordinator
The Community Outreach Coordinator supports the Marketing & Outreach Department by actively being out in the community around the health center introducing people to the organization and our services and encouraging them to use Adelante Healthcare for all of their primary health needs.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Knowledge and experience in working with people of various cultures and social status
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a love for interacting with people
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- Valid AZ drivers license and current insurance
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Three (3) years experience in a Community Health Center
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- Help create and implement a community and business outreach plan designed to invite local residents to use Adelante Healthcare for their primary health care needs.
- Develop a route of local businesses, apartment complexes, churches, rec centers and other organizations within a 5-mile radius around the location and visit each every 4 to 6 weeks to raise awareness that Adelante Healthcare is there to serve the community.
- Maintain an activity log for regularly reporting progress on the goal of making 50 touches each week in the community and in revisiting those contacts every 4 to 6 weeks.
- Identify opportunities for further partnership with community, business and neighborhood groups and work with the Marketing & Outreach team to develop strategic relationships.
- Attend and act as an ambassador for Adelante at 1 to 2 community events each month.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties as requested or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelantes legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.