Community Development Specialist
Adelante’s Community Development Specialists are actively out in the community introducing people to the organization and our services, encouraging individuals to use Adelante Healthcare for all of their primary health needs and to support Adelante’s nonprofit mission through charitable contributions.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
- Create and implement a community outreach plan designed to invite the older adult population in the Northwest Valley to use Adelante Healthcare for their primary healthcare needs and to support Adelante’s nonprofit mission through charitable contributions.
- Establish and develop relationships with local businesses, apartment complexes, churches, rec centers, service clubs, nonprofits, etc. in the Northwest Valley to increase the number of Medicare patients being seen at Adelante Surprise and Peoria and to lay a foundation for charitable giving by the community.
- Create community events, classes and presentations as needed to engage with the target population to build trust and encourage engagement.
- Maintain an activity log for regularly reporting progress on the goal of making an estimated 50 touches each week in the community and in revisiting those contacts regularly.
- Represent Adelante at community events and meetings as required
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Experience and contacts in the Northwest Valley, preferably with the senior population, a plus
- Ability to work independently and take initiative; persistence and excellent follow through
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a love for interacting with people
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- Valid AZ driver’s license and current insurance
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcare’s written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelante’s legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.