Clinical Population Health Manager
Primary responsibility is the supervision of RNs and Health Coaches at multiple health centers. This Manager will collaborate with organizational leadership to implement processes to align the population health team with the on-site care team in a patient centered team based care model. This includes development of training and competencies of population health on-site team, having open regular communication with site leaders, and performing ongoing audits and assessments. Other responsibilities include clinical triage, clinical resource assessment, knowledge of clinical quality metrics such as HEDIS or Medicare STARS, and problem solving that require a strong medical knowledge base.
Every Adelante Leader will strive to maximize the performance and contribution of each team member to Adelante Healthcare and the community that we serve every day. Leaders will set clear performance expectations, provide on-going feedback and coaching to improve results and outcomes and provide regular performance evaluations. Leaders are also expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation and model for all other employees the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree or diploma in nursing
- Current Arizona RN license active and in good standing
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical nursing experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles of nursing practice and health care
- Possess a high level of interpersonal/written skills which includes listening
- Possess ability to organize and prioritize job responsibilities and work flow appropriately considering time constraints and deadlines
- Ability to establish/maintain effective working relationships
- Show leadership qualities including respect for others, consistency and fairness
- Possess ability to effectively address/resolve issues within appropriate timeframes
- Possess ability to accept and give direction in a collaborative manner
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments requiring considerable exercise of independent judgment
- Ability to counsel/teach patients, and meet and deal effectively with clients, associates, and the general public
- Valid AZ driver’s license
- Commitment to AHC mission, vision, and values
- Competency in dealing with people of various cultures and social status
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- BSN degree
- MS Office, Practice Management Systems, Electronic Medical/Health Record
- 2 + years of critical care (ICU, ER) or outpatient experience is preferred
- Prior supervisory or leadership experience of at least 2 years
- Experience with Clinical Quality Metrics such as HEDIS/ Medicare STARS
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- Responsible for monitoring and compliance with technical, regulatory, and clinical standards including, but not limited to governmental inquiries, licensing, accreditation, quality assessment, OSHA, Affirmative Action, ADA, etc.
- Revise, support, and enforce existing policies and procedures and create new policies and procedures as appropriate to the health center
- Organize, direct, and evaluate work flow in department of responsibility for the utilization of appropriate staff based upon budgeted FTE’s, volume and intensity of work load
- In collaboration with the program leadership will manage inter-departmental, organizational and customer service issues, including, but not limited to physicians, patients, vendors, temporary agencies, and educational affiliates
- Maintain positive relationships with patients, guests, and fellow employees, treating all with courtesy and respect. Promote and foster service excellence to meet or exceed internal and external customer expectations
- Provide grant management as determined and delegated by administration, and assist with administrative duties such as policy development and quality management
- Responsible for timely communication of relevant information to healthcare team
- Prepare necessary budget, productivity, audit or other reports as requested by leadership or governing bodies
- Responsible for completion of performance evaluations and administration of appropriate wage increases to be consistent with assigned deadlines and within budgeted allowances
- Initiate hiring process including staff assessment, justification of request for personnel, interviewing and selection following assigned guidelines
- Initiate appropriate disciplinary process utilizing established policies and procedures
- Schedule staff work hours; keep appropriate records of work hours/timecards and schedules
- Provide and/or authorize health center and department specific orientation and on-boarding, to include, continuing education/training by following established guidelines
- Assure all staff have completed appropriate training and competencies at required intervals
- Complete comprehensive mid-year reviews and provide staff with SMART goals that are specific, measureable, attainable, realistic, and time specific.
- Provide coaching and support including but not limited to:
- Setting goals and expectations regarding performance and behavior
- Providing timely and proper reinforcement for improvement of performance and behavior
- Provide mentoring and skill development to clinical support staff
- Demonstration of good listening skills and use of non-judgmental language in discussions with employees
- Portrayal of behaviors which support positive role model for staff
- Participates in leading the Population Health team meetings and quality improvement initiatives.
- Assist all patients and their families through the healthcare system by acting as a patient advocate and navigator; develops with patient self-management goals and plan of care
- Coordinates continuity of patient care with external healthcare organizations and facilities such as referrals to outside specialties; ongoing two way communication between providers and care teams.
- Develops relationships with external healthcare organizations and facilities in efforts to finding additional resources.
- Coordinates outreach efforts to high risk patient and hospital discharge and admissions. Will collaborate with health plan, hospitals and skill nursing facilities for transitional needs.
- Conducts comprehensive, preventative screening for patients and/or assists all support staff in daily patient interactions as needed.
- Promotes clear communication amongst a care team and treating clinicians by ensuring awareness regarding patient care plans.
- Facilitates patient care based upon standing orders and protocols.
- Works collaboratively with Population Health team for data collection, health outcomes reporting, clinical audits and programmatic evaluation.
- Helps evaluate clinical care, utilization of resources and development of new clinical tools, forms and procedures.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Performs assessment development and delivers patient specific education plan.
- Provide assessment of patients without appointments; triage as indicated
- Provide telephone advice utilizing protocols, and document actions in the medical record
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as requested or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcare’s written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelante’s legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.