Clinical Data Analyst
The Clinical Data Analyst will assist in the development and deployment of credible and valid methodologies to measure and quantify clinical performance; identify opportunities related to efficiency and quality; assist in creating tools including physician and organization level reporting tools to drive performance in these areas.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected to work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent with a quantitative focus (e.g. epidemiology, statistics, economics, behavioral economics, public health, health services research)
- Technical abilities with data and analytics tools, including MS office-excel, SAS or other software packages
- Experience with programming languages like SQL, R, or Python
- 1-2 years of professional experience in an analytics field, or healthcare related experience presenting reports, and data visualizations preferred
- Ability to troubleshoot reporting problems including design issues and develop and implement solutions
- Detailed-oriented individual with excellent interpersonal oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and prioritize work to balance competing deadlines in a professional manner
- Ability to work individually and as a team to achieve goals
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Analytic abilities in statistical testing, regression analysis, etc. preferred
- Understanding of and experience with analyzing EMR data and clinical data preferred
- Experience with NextGen system preferred
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- Assist with projects requiring data extraction ensuring timely, relevant, accurate and consistent information use
- Responsible for creating reports and supporting analytical and ad-hoc data analysis, aggregation and required reporting writing capabilities
- Assist with analysis of external data definitions documentation and mapping process
- Validate data load processes and the quality of the data loaded into clinical data repositories
- Support QI and other departments in projects needing data, reports, and care coordination.
- Confer with team leads to determine protocol design, data element selection, appropriate statistical methods and delivery schedules
- Generate data queries based on validation checks or errors and omissions identified during data entry, identifying inconsistencies and inefficiencies in processes
- Act as a clinical data coordinator on multiple projects
- Create and/or generate reports using all available tools to enable clinical teams to drive decision-making and improve efficiency in practice/physician level performance
- Support quality initiatives; conduct analytics, and statistical testing as needed
- Assist with HRSA and other regulatory agencies weekly and quarterly data submission regarding COVID labs as well as Flu Administration stats
- Maintain, update and upload Health Current patient panels per the schedule
- Submit weekly flu report to Maricopa County
- Provide weekly and monthly reports on appointment stats
- Assist with UDS and other report validations and data entry into HRSA EHB Portal
- Assist with all reporting related to organization grants
- Create, assist with peer review reports and chart assignments and other reporting opportunities to improve quality of care
- Collaborate with others departments to document data needs and metric definitions
- Keep up-to-date with ongoing changes in data analytics capability
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as request or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelantes legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.