Clinical Applications I - Specialist
Primarily responsible for guiding, troubleshooting, and supporting clinicians, and others with use and adoption of AHC supported clinical computing systems/applications, and automated services. Utilizes and facilitates use of clinical application training and support materials developed by the Clinical Applications Specialist II and others. Performs clinical applications accounts maintenance. Performs assignments which may vary from routine to intermediate complexity in nature and are carried out with minimal guidance.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Two (2) year college degree AND a minimum of one (1) years experience in an out-patient-based position utilizing electronic health records management and patient scheduling systems; OR a minimum of three (3) years experience in an out-patient-based position utilizing electronic health records management and patient scheduling systems; OR any combination of acceptable training and experience to perform required functions
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Demonstrated understanding of clinical methods and techniques used in electronic record keeping systems
- Intermediate computer efficiency and understanding of MS Windows operating systems and core Office applications
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments requiring a high level of independent judgment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively train one-on-one and small groups
- Excellent business English, spelling, and punctuation skills
- Familiar with local and national organizational policies relevant to use of clinical computing applications
- Ability to grasp complex problems and understand ramifications of proposed solutions
- Ability to resolve conflicts between team members and customers in a constructive way
- Commitment to Adelante Healthcares mission, vision, and values
- Competency in dealing with persons of various cultures and social status
- Evidence of a valid Arizona drivers license and current auto insurance
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated experience as an Advocate for Health Care or Human Rights
- Experience using NextGen EHR
- Experience using NextGen EPM
- Experience using NextGen QSI Dental
- Experience using Dentrix
- Intermediate computer literacy
- Intermediate knowledge of computer software and hardware
- Fluency in a language in addition to English (Spanish preferred)
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- Provide documentation and specialized user support for clinical applications
- Address issue tickets in the Technology Office ticketing system
- Adopt/adapt computing skills to meet a changing technology environment
- Assist other technology staff and peers as needed
- Perform accounts troubleshooting, maintenance and management for clinical, dental, and/or pharmacy computer applications and services
- Provide excellent customer service. Maintain a pleasant and helpful manner; listen patiently when people are upset on the phone, email, or in person
- Act as customer problem solver, maintaining a constructive and positive attitude
- Communicate through formal and informal methods with customers
- Resolve conflicts between team members and customers in a constructive way
- Procure information and requirements for clinical account(s) creation from identified personnel and departments
- Create and maintain NextGen e-Learning accounts
- Maintain knowledge base and current awareness on clinical applications and relevant policies
- Understand workflow and clinical processes that computing applications are intended to assist/facilitate
- Understand support policies and practices for hardware (workstation, host and network) and software
- Assure clinical leaders and clinicians are getting what they need from supported clinical computer applications and services
- Propose innovative improvements or replacements to existing processes using computer tools
- Other duties as assigned
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize cell phone for business communications
- Drive to multiple company locations to perform duties
- Other duties as requested or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelantes legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.