Chief Operating Officer
Responsible for strategic oversight and operational performance of the organization. Providing leadership, guidance and direction, the COO will develop, assess, plan, implement, and evaluate effective and efficient systems of care and services while ensuring that the organizational mission, philosophy, goals, and objectives are met. Will assume all Chief Officer duties, when the Chief Executive Office is unavailable.
Every Adelante Leader will strive to maximize the performance and contribution of each team member to Adelante Healthcare and the community that we serve every day. Leaders will set clear performance expectations, provide on-going feedback and coaching to improve results and outcomes and provide regular performance evaluations. Leaders are also expected to work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation and model for all other employees the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Services Administration or related field. Master’s degree in Health Services Administration, Master’s of Business Administration, or equivalent work experience and proven skills
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years health services leadership experience, preferably in a primary care setting
- Solid working knowledge of financial and business operation principles and project timeline management
- Excellent business English and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively present information to all levels of audiences both internally and externally
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and make appropriate recommendations
- Demonstrated advanced competency in people leadership with proven measurable positive outcomes
- Advanced computer efficiency and technological orientation.
- Possession of valid AZ driver’s license
- Commitment to Adelante Healthcare’s mission, vision, and values
- Competency in dealing with people of various cultures and social status with the ability to respond to concerns and inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations
- Provide day to day operational leadership for the health care center management team and functional leaders. Coach, develop and reinforce appropriate performance. Remediate where necessary in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: interviewing, hiring, and training managers; planning, assigning and delegating work; appraising performance; and addressing complains and resolving concerns
- Recommend and develop operations policies and procedures to drive achievement of the organizational mission
- Monitor organizational performance. Evaluate the results of overall activities regularly and systematically, and report these results to the CEO, Executive Team, and the Board of Directors
- Maintain organizational integrity. Ensure that all organization activities and operations are carried out in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations in governing business operations
- Ensure the efficient delivery of quality services through communication of expectations, establishment of performance measures and assessment/evaluation of operations
- Coordinate and collaborate with other departments of the corporation in establishing and carrying out responsibilities
- Participate in operational and strategic planning to include staffing and budgets
- Promote positive patient relations in accordance with Adelante Healthcare’s policies, providing a high level of quality in personal attention and service to patient and visitors
- Comply with the organizations safety policies and procedures. Ensure compliance with governmental licensing and regulatory requirements where applicable
- Ability to maintain a sense of confidentiality when necessary
- Other duties as requested
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Three (3) years’ experience in a Community Health Center
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as requested or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcare’s written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelante’s legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.