Bilingual WIC Receptionist
Come Join our Team and Help Us Raise the Level of Care for Those in Need!
Adelante Healthcare WIC is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to helping people with their nutritional needs. We have been serving the Valley for over 30 years.
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic professional with a proven track record in customer service. The successful applicant will be driven and results-focused with a “can do attitude”. We are committed to our clients. As a member of an extraordinary team, you will support the company’s commitment to creating a positive and professional culture.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
- MUST have a passion for helping people and have the ability to treat our customers as part of their family.
- At least one year's experience in customer service preferred (clinical setting, nutritional).
- Strong computer software skills.
- Must have the ability to think outside of the box and multi-task.
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Ability to successfully interact with people in face to face situations, as well as by telephone.
- Strong problem solving abilities and critical thinking skills.
- Positive interpersonal communication skills are essential.
- Must possess clerical skills, i.e. writing, filing, typing, and the ability to be trained in basic computer usage.
- Strong ability to multitask.
- Ability to delegate and accept assignments.
- Detail oriented.
- Other duties as requested or assigned
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.