Bilingual Senior Front Office Check-Out Assistant
Primarily responsible for maintaining an accurate charge and payment posting system for the site and for the patient’s financial records. As primary point of exit for patients, will ensure EHR Patient Plan has been printed, and understands his/her financial responsibility to the site for services rendered. Work is performed under general supervision of Practice Administrator or Front Office Supervisor. The Senior Front Office Check-Out Assistant will have met all the expectations outlined in the roles for Front Office Check-Out Assistant. Senior Front Office Check-Out Assistant’s will have maintained the highest level of professionalism and performance by receiving exceeds or greater on annual performance appraisals and remaining free of any current formal disciplinary process. Senior Front Office Check-Out Assistants have advanced training that is demonstrated by successful completion of a continuing education program concluded with a passing score on an Adelante designated skills exam and written test. If applicable, will be completed during the probationary period.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence. Will be a professional role model and participate in community events that promote good health and contribute to greater awareness and understanding in the communities we serve.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Ability to deal effectively with clients, associates, and the general public in person and by telephone.
- Medical billing and coding
- Knowledge of medical insurance and ability to communicate insurance information to patients
- Basic computer efficiency
- Cash handling skills and knowledge of other payment systems (i.e. debit and credit cards)
- Commitment to AHC mission, vision, and values
- Competency in dealing with people of various cultures
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from an approved training program
- Patient Management System
- Valid AZ driver’s license
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of patient information at all times.
- Collect patient monies, issue receipts, and may participate in patient financial counseling with supervisor.
- Makes patient appointments as they leave the site or patients to be placed on the recall system.
- Post all payments received according to patient’s bill-to code daily.
- Post all payments received according to patients plan in real time.
- Explains patient payment plan agreement or insurance to patients and maintains tracking of the payment plans.
- Explains potential collection process if payment plan is not completed.
- Post all charges to the encounter in the EHR (Electronic Health Record).
- Review charges with patient, indicating total charge and adjustments performed by site, and patient’s financial responsibility. Works with provider and clinical support staff to complete and submit charges to the superbill/encounter.
- Make patient appointments as they leave the site and generate Patient Plan if applicable.
- Perform close of day procedures. Run daily transaction journal, payment register and deposit slip reports required. Balance reports prior to forwarding to finance department as required.
- Reconcile all lab and referral services with the patient’s final superbill.
- Submit daily payment, deposit register and reconciled daily deposit slips to finance department as required.
- Travel to and from designated bank to make deposits and/or change for cash drawer.
- Assist with answering the phone and with coverage for the front office during meals and breaks.
- Takes messages and or sends tasks to practitioners regarding patient questions, concerns or comments.
- Notifies finance of any delays in charge capture.
- Cross-train with other front office staff to assist with duties as needed.
- Interact courteously with patients and co-workers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities.
- All other duties as assigned (such as translation and travel to other locations)
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees will maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcare’s written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelante’s legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.