Behavioral Health Program Manager
Manages the Behavioral Health Program. Is responsible for the supervision, recruitment, training, and development of Behavioral Health Team Members.
Every Adelante Leader will strive to maximize the performance and contribution of each team member to Adelante Healthcare and the community that we serve every day. Leaders will set clear performance expectations, provide on-going feedback and coaching to improve results and outcomes and provide regular performance evaluations. Leaders are also expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation and model for all other employees the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
- Provides Leadership support for the specialty and integrated behavioral health team.
- Ensures the effective integration of behavioral health care with primary care
- Provides supervision of behavioral health team members
- Identifies, shares and implements best practices related to primary care-behavioral health integration
- Ensures compliance with state and behavioral health plan requirements
- Supports the development and implementation of training activities related to stepped care and integrated care
- Works closely with quality, Population health staff, Clinic Operations staff to facilitate the collection, reporting and presentation of program data
- Maintains effective working relationships with agency staff and clients
- Complies with Equal Employment Opportunity, Americans with Disabilities Act, Affirmative Action Plan and other applicable employment laws and regulations in the supervision of staff
- Does chart review for quality of care
- Organizes a peer review process
- Ensures the behavioral health program is in compliance with clinical and legal obligations
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as requested or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelantes legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance, and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master's degree in the Behavioral Health field (Psychology, Social Work) with three (3) years of directly related experience is desired
- Computer literacy is required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred
- Certification or certification eligibility as an LCSW Ed.D, Psy.D., or Ph.D. is required.
- Excellent working knowledge of behavioral medicine and evidence-based treatments for medical and mental health conditions.
- Ability to work through brief patient contacts as well as to make quick and accurate clinical assessments of mental and behavioral conditions.
- Should be comfortable with the pace of primary care, working with an interdisciplinary team, and have strong communication skills.
- Good knowledge of psycho-pharmacology
- Ability to design and implement clinical pathways and protocols for treatment
- Level 1 Fingerprint clearance card
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Two (2) years of community health care experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.