Behavioral Health Consultant (LCSW, PsyD, LPC) - Mesa
Position is responsible for the management of psychosocial aspects of chronic and acute diseases. The application of behavioral principles to address lifestyle and health risk issues. Emphasis is on prevention and self-help self-approaches, partnering with patients in a treatment approach that build resiliency and that builds and encourages personal responsibility for health. Provides consultation and co-management in the co-treatment of mental disorders and psychosocial issues. Working within a fully-integrated, multidisciplinary model within our primary care Health Centers.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master's degree in the Behavioral Health field (Psychology, Social Work) with two (2) years of directly related experience is desired
- Computer literacy is required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred
- Certification or certification eligibility as an LCSW Ed.D, Psy.D., or Ph.D. is required.
- Excellent working knowledge of behavioral medicine and evidence-based treatments for medical and mental health conditions.
- Ability to work through brief patient contacts as well as to make quick and accurate clinical assessments of mental and behavioral conditions.
- Should be comfortable with the pace of primary care, working with an interdisciplinary team, and have strong communication skills.
- Good knowledge of psycho-pharmacology
- Ability to design and implement clinical pathways and protocols for treatment of selected chronic conditions
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Bilingual fluency in Spanish PREFERRED
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job related selection or promotional criteria.