Associate Education Program Coordinator
The Associate Education Program Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the coordination of clinical education experiences with primary affiliated academic organizations. Provides facilitation to new and existing students through the clearance process. Serves as a liaison between the academic organizations and Adelante Healthcare sites administrators.
Every Adelante employee will strive to maximize their performance and contribution to Adelante Healthcare and the community we serve every day. Employees are expected to work in a manner that demonstrates a commitment to quality, patient safety, employee engagement, innovation, and the highest standards of personal integrity, professionalism, and competence.
OUR CORE VALUES
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Outstanding interpersonal communication and team building skills required
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Organized and able to prioritize and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to speak in a clear and understandable manner and write legibly
- Proven ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to meet and deal effectively with clients, associates, and patients
- Professional written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments requiring moderate exercise of independent judgment
- Able to work varied hours
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of the position
- Valid Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety for all specialty behavioral health locations
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Education, or related field
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job-related selection or promotional criteria.
- Ensures student immunizations are appropriately reviewed and approved prior to the start of rotation
- Secures rotation placement with a designated preceptor and specialty
- Schedules appropriate resources for NextGen/OTTO training, and removes students from systems once rotation is complete
- Aligns student with an appropriate preceptor
- Provides student with detailed first day reporting instructions and schedules Site Orientation
- Understands the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and is compliant with the federal law that protects the privacy of student education records
- Assists with management of clinical education experiences through the database system for tracking and provides monthly education report to leadership
- Monitors onboarding and off-boarding of students and manages access to systems and resources
- Assists in compiling monthly data and reports
- Serves as role model for staff to align with Adelantes Core Values
- Assist in policy and procedure development and revision related to role
- Assists in proctoring student exams at various locations
- Raises awareness when quality standards fall below target levels, provides detailed analyses of the root causes, and suggests options for corrective actions
- Responsibilities and expectations may fluctuate as Adelantes needs change
- Adjusts schedule to meet the needs of the organization
- Travels to all locations as needed
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as request or assigned
All employees are responsible for promoting and participating in interdisciplinary communication and collaboration to enhance the delivery of quality across the health care system. Employees should maintain an environment which supports and engages patients and co-workers in a caring team based model to promote wellness and improve health outcomes.
Adherence to Compliance and Code of Conduct
All employees are required to comply with Adelante Healthcares written standards, including its Compliance Program and Standards of Conduct, policies and procedures and reporting of any conduct that potentially violates Adelantes legal or compliance requirements. Such compliance will be an element considered as part of the regular performance evaluation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit for long periods of time, is required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb steps/stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; smell; manage stress as it relates to essential job functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds without assistance and may occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time when traveling to various clinic sites. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee may be subject to health hazards (contagious diseases, blood borne pathogens, etc.) when working in the clinic area.
In any organization or job, changes take place over time. Although an effort will be made to keep job-related information current, this is not an all-inclusive list of job responsibilities. Adelante Healthcare, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the business need arises. In compliance with EEOC 29 CFR part 1630, if the essential functions of this position cannot be performed in a satisfactory manner by the employee, further accommodations shall be made if it does not constitute undue hardships upon this organization.